SOUTHERN RHODESIA CORPS OF SIGNALS.
KING'S CROWN, BI - METAL.
1949 - 1956
The Southern Rhodesia Corps of Signals was gazetted in 1948 and actually formed in 1949. The Corps consisted of a Territorial Force Regiment plus some Regular Staff at Army HQ and Regular NCO Instructors.
As can be seen from the above illustration, this Southern Rhodesia Corps of Signals badge carries the Tudor Crown.
On 1st April 1956 the Corps was placed in suspended animation but for a small number of Officers and NCOs who remained until Southern Rhodesia became part of the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland where upon the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland Corps of Signals was formed.
The Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland was dissolved on 31st December 1963, and elements making up the force returned to their respective governments. At this time the Southern Rhodesia Corps of Signals was reinstated until 11th June 1965.