NEW ZEALAND CORPS OF SIGNALS.
BRASS AND WHITE METAL.
1935 - 1947
The New Zealand Corps of Signals was formed on the 1st June 1921 from the New Zealand Post and Telegraph Corps (New Zealand Engineers). The New Zealand Post and Telegraph Corps cap badge was worn up to 1935 and beyond in some cases.
This was established by setting up Corps of Signals Depot Companies in the North, Central and Southern parts of New Zealand.
The New Zealand Corps of Signals cap badge illustrated above, was approved in 1935 and closely followed the design of the Royal Corps of Signals who they had an alliance with since 1921. However, this badge was only worn in New Zealand as the Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force (2 NZEF) wore a universal cap badge.