NEW ZEALAND POST AND TELEGRAPH CORPS.
1911 - 1935
On the 5th October 1911 the New Zealand Post and Telegraph Corps was formed. In actual fact, this was in reality the New Zealand Post and Telegraph Department staff in military uniform and provided ready-trained telegraphists. This unit also joined the New Zealand Engineers on 1st July 1913 as part of the Engineers Signal Service.
The New Zealand Corps of Signals was formed on the 1st June 1921 from the New Zealand Post and Telegraph Corps (New Zealand Engineers) with an establishment for a Northern, Central and Southern Depot Corps of Signals Company within the country.
The New Zealand Post and Telegraph Corps cap badge was worn up to 1935, and in reality many wore it up until 1941 when the General Service badge was worn.
Arthur Henson Osborne