NEW ZEALAND SIGNAL CORPS.
1912 - 1921
The Cycle and Signalling Corps, which were established in 1909 from the Auckland College Rifles Company and whose badge was originally used, was the first of many similar units which on the 17th March 1911 became the Infantry and Mounted Signal Corps and subsequently became the Mounted Signals Troops and Divisional Signal Corps (New Zealand Engineers) on the 1st July 1913.
As with the Mounted Signals Troops and Divisional Signal Corps, the New Zealand Post and Telegraph Corps joined the New Zealand Engineers on 1st July 1913 to become part of the Engineers Signal Service.
Although the above cap badge was superseded by the New Zealand Post and Telegraph Corps cap badge. It was re-issued in the late 1930's due to a lack of badges.