ROYAL CORPS OF SIGNALS
51st (HIGHLAND) DIVISION
SIGNALS REGIMENT TA
1920 - 1967
After the amalgamation with 52nd (Lowland) Division Signal Regiment as one of the two new Scottish Divisions of the newly formed Territorial Army in 1947. It was only one year later in 1948 that both 51st (Highland) Division) Signal Regiment and 52nd (Lowland) Division Signal Regiment were both re- designated as Regiments in their own right.
Both these Regiments had their own Corps of Pipes and Drums. 51st (Highland) Division Signal Regiment wore a Grant Tartan and 52nd (Lowland) Division Signal Regiment wore the Hunting Green Ogilvie Tartan.
The above illustration is a down sized (For display purposes) set of Embellishments that Pipers of 51st (Highland) Division Signal Regiment would have worn set out on a Grant Tartan backing. These items consist of a Baldric Belt and Buckle (Cross Belt) with a Chromed Royal Signals badge top left. A Plaid Brooch top right again with a Chromed Signals badge in the centre and at the bottom left a Glengarry badge with a 1921 version Royal Signals badge on a silver Buckled Garter.