CEYLON SIGNAL CORPS
CAP AND TITLES
1954 - 1966
With the gradual disbanding of the Ceylon Defence Force, after the cessation of hostilities in 1945, the Ceylon Signal Corps (Volunteers) was raised in 1947 as a part of the reorganised Ceylon Defence Force.
From this date until 1954 the old colonial style cap badge with "Jimmy" enclosed in a circlet upon which was the inscribed the wording Ceylon Signal Corps and an Elephant at the top was worn.
From 1954 Royal Corps of Signals cap badges were introduced with the new St Edwards Crown to commemorate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II as head of the Commonwealth.
Collar badges as such were not worn but as illustrated above, C.S.C. (Ceylon Signal Corps) brass shoulder titles were worn until 1966 when they were replaced by locally made brass collar badges similar to Royal Signals collar badges but smaller in size.